Wednesday, September 12, 2012

International Video Games Day and Chocolate Milkshake Day

A double celebration today! And two of my favorite things to boot!

It's no secret I'm a video game lover. I play 'em all, from RPGs to FPSs to side scrollers to MMOs. If you have no idea what any of that means, don't worry. You're probably better off.

To celebrate the video game portion of today, I put a little time into my World of Warcraft account. I played my Forsaken Rogue...




That's right... he sneaks up on people and hits 'em with a SHOVEL. 



 ...and I finished off a zone or two in pursuit of the Loremaster Achievement with my Tauren Paladin.

Tauren Paladin... Holy Cow! GET IT? HAHAHA... I'm not actually funny, am I?

I also stopped by my good buddy Chad's house after work and he and his boys joined me for some Mario Cart on the Wii.

Don't bug us! This is a very important race!
It was pretty close the whole time. Caleb (the one in the green shirt) is an expert Mario Cart player. Logan (the other little guy) isn't half bad himself, and Chad? Dude can whoop me any day of the week. I'm more of a Need For Speed kind of racer myself, but whatever.

I'm really only putting this picture in because it highlights my bald spot really well and I know you like to laugh at that.

Chad ended up taking first overall (4 races) and Caleb took a close second. I finished up with 3rd and Logan wasn't far behind. It was touch and go there for a second whether Caleb would pull the win out or if his Dad would retain his championship crown...

Caleb bites his lip when he's concentrating. 

... but Chad managed to win by a few points, proving the student had not become the master... yet.

After video games, Chad and I took a trip out to Stake and Shake (the boys didn't come because it's a school night...) and ordered up some big fancy chocolate shakes.

That one in front of Chad there? Campfire S'more Shake!

We chatted about the merits of a good milkshake while we sucked 'em down. We decided that the best shakes were the ones that were thick, but not so thick that you couldn't drink them with a straw.

That one in front of me? Triple Chocolate Fudge
It only took us about 15 minutes (and a little bit of brain freeze) to finish the shakes off. They were delicious, so mad props to Stake and Shake for that. We left with our bellies full of icy goodness, and were on our way home.

We didn't mess around. Those shakes were GONE, son...
All in all, a good day well spent. Hopefully I'll see you Friday for another desert-like treat and another celebration! Until then, have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment