Saturday, September 1, 2012

September

Whew! August is over, which means all that time we spent at the childcare center I work at changing over from a summer program to a school-year program is done! I can finally get back to updating this sucker again!

We missed some good ones in the past few weeks... Bad Poetry Day and Toasted Marshmallow Day were supposed to be up here, but life gets in the way sometimes. I'll get them next year.

September starts a whole slew of days I want to write about. Today, the 1st is Emma M. Nutt Day, and celebrates the first American woman telephone operator... I don't have much else to say about that. I guess I could mention that my Great Great Aunt Sesta (I think that's the right number of greats...) was one of the first in Michigan to help organize and set up the infrastructural for the telephone system here, so I do have a kinda-sorta link to this day.

More importantly, you should see more of me this month. There are several month-long observances that I'll be trying out as well. This is Self Improvement Month, so expect a few updates about me finally trying to get in shape again (I've gotten a little thick about the middle if you know what I mean) and maybe even a few about me eating broccoli. You know how when you're a kid, they tell you, "Oh, just try it. You'll love it when you're older." Yeah, never happened for me and broccoli. We're arch enemies to this day.

Also this month we see Honey Month, Classic Music Month, Fall Hat Month, Chicken Month, and National Courtesy Month, among others. I'll see what I can do about some of those as well.

As of right now, expect to hear from me tomorrow for National Beheading Day. No, really, that's a thing.

I'll end this post with a little Classic Music for you to start this month off right!


1 comment:

  1. Alright hey let's try and do this getting in shape thing a commitment. I need the push.....

    Also next time I see something posted with "G String" on your blog try not to disappoint me k?

    ReplyDelete